Cenário Brasileiro recorded in Rio de Janeiro in 2005, features a great variety of Brazilian styles where Celia’s compositions bring together a cast of incredible artists including the great composer, singer and guitarist João Bosco. In the San Francisco Bay Area the CD release party was at Yoshi’s Jazz House on May 1, 2006.
Sempre Crescendo is Celia’s debut CD, recorded and mixed in Rio de Janeiro in 2001. All music, lyrics, and poetry by Malheiros, and produced on her independent label Sempre Crescendo Music. It features many well-known Brazilian musicians, including the great master multi-instrumentalist Hermeto Pascoal and Jovino Santos Neto. Fifty seven (57) musicians participated in this recording. The CD was released at Mistura Fina, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 2002 and in the San Francisco Bay Area at Yoshi’s jazz house on June 24, 2003.
After The Carnaval - tRIO - recorded live in the studio with pianist Thomas Clausen and multi-windwood player Carlos Malta. The CD is a collaborated work of the three composers and arrangers. Feauturing fiftheen original songs. Scheduled to be realesed in May 2009 on the Danish label, Sundance.
- European Tours 2007 through 2012 with tRIO ; Thomas Clausen, Carlos Malta
- USA tour with tRIO, 2009, 2011
- Expedition Boat in the Amazons, 2009, 2012
- Yoshi’s Jazz House, San Francisco, CD release 2009
- Composer residency at OMI, New York with two concerts of the new work, 2009
- One Woman Show debut, 2008 in the US and Brazil.
- Keelung Festival, Taiwan 2007
- CD Release European Tour, 2006
- Yoshi’s Jazz House, Oakland, CA, 2003, 2006, CD releases
- Artist in residence and concert at Wheaton College, MA, 2006, 2012
- “Songs of the Heart” a weekend at Brava Theater, SF, 2003
- CD release concert at Mistura Fina, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2002
- Millenium celebration at Francis Ford Coppola Estate, 2000
- “Amazons,” a multimedia show using original music, slides, graphics, inspired by the environmental plight in the Amazon region, 1998
- Open for João Bosco at Herbst Theatre, SF, 1993
- Director of Monterey and Santa Cruz, CA, Carnaval Balls, 1992
- Tribute to Antonio Carlos Jobim at Kimballs San Francisco, 1991
- Open for Ray Charles at the Monterey Jazz Festival, 1987
- Music director, arranger, and performer at Annual SF Carnaval Ball, 1984 through 1995
- Best Music Awards for performances in San Francisco Carnaval, 1985 -1987
Film & Video Scores and commissioned work
- Two original choral pieces for Wheaton College Choir, 2012
- Original score for the Akat dance company, 2005
- “On Frozen Pound”, original soundtrack, a 90 min documentary for PBS, 2003
- Two sound tracks for Global Friends: "Global Friends of France," 1996; “Global Friends of Brazil,” 1997
- Amazon Days, Tropical Nights," original soundtrack, an eco-tourism promotional video for Varig Brazilian Airlines, 1993
- Ski Publicity Video for Iron Mountain, Sierra Nevada Ski Resort ,1992
- “Eco 1992,” an original video music soundtrack for ISC Global Productions played at the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro and in 128 countries, 1992
- “Marcha Re,” an original piece for flutist Vera Guimarães, released on Amapás Records in the United States and Europe, 1990
- Score for Ele, ela quem?, a feature-length film directed by Lulu de Barros, two short films for Brazilian TV, and featured shows, 1974
- Served as technical sound engineer, building a post-production studio for Francis Ford Coppola’s Zoetrope Studios, 1990
- Mixed live shows.
- Studio and performance producer.
- Over 10 years of Voice Over experience as voice talent and director.
- Come to Me, Gregory James Band, produced by Benny Rietveld, former bassist for Miles Davis, currently performs with Carlos Santana.
- Amber, Beata Pater, produced by Mark Little
- Blue, Beata Pater, produced by Mark Little
- Reincarnation, Gregory James Band, produced by Kai Eckhardt, (former bassist, John McLaughlin)
- “Day in Day Out” Jenny Ferris sings Johnny Mercer, 2005
Teacher, Instructor, and Lecturer
- Brazilian music workshop at Einstein Cultural Center, Munich, Germany – 2013
- Guitar and vocal workshops at Musikschule Garching, Germany – 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012
- Key Note series Jazz & World Music pre Gilberto Gil concert talk with Chuy Varela at Zellerbach Hall - 2010
- Artist in residence at Wheaton College, Norton, Massachusetts – 2006, 2012
- Lecture: African influence in Brazilian Music, Stanford Jazz Festival - 2006
- San Francisco Symphony - Adventures in Music Program, 2004 / 2005 – 2008 / 2009
- California Coast Music camp, Brazilian repertoire for singers and guitarists, Brazilian ensemble and Choro 2006 through 2009
- Volunteer music teacher in K through 5 at Cabrillo School, Pacifica, CA 1999 through 2005
- Cazadero Brazilian Music Camp - Vocal Instructor
- Private vocal classes for jazz singers
- Private guitar, cavaco, and percussion classes
- Percussion workshops for children and adults
- Master classes in percussion & Brazilian music